Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday February 18th

After meeting some of my married/pregnant/with-baby friends for lunch today, I couldn’t help but think I am at a point of transition in my life. Half of my friends are hitched, and the other half are still out every night of the weekend, waking up with hangovers. While I don't think that I am close to the aisle or to babies, I do find myself skipping happy hour during the week to avoid things like a) the two days of recovery I suffer through because of being in my very-late twenties b) the thought of having to wash my hair twice to get the smell of smoke out, and the hour of sleep I will lose because of it and c) dark, puffy circles under my eyes and everyone at the office saying things like, "you look tired," which really means, "you look like shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.blogflux.com/