Monday, May 4, 2009

Tribute to Mom's Husband

I would like to refer to my last Monday post, Mondays are inclined to suck. Just about the only thing that can make a Monday worse than it is already set out to be, is a funeral. On Monday, Brother and I went to visit our biological Mother, and support her through the services being held for (her late husband). Being a veteran, his funeral was fancy and professional with rifles, flags, and adorable little old men in military uniforms and white gloves. While of course it was a gloomy setting, he had suffered from cancer for the past 12 years, and it was the first funeral I had been to where I actually felt a sense of relief for the deceased...knowing he must feel so much better now. He was a columnist for the South Florida Sun Sentinel for over 20 years, he was a talented writer and had a knack for collecting old cars. He will be missed by all that knew him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.blogflux.com/