Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Funday

I think it's relevant to state that Mondays are inclined to suck. I mean regardless of their place at the beginning of the week (front of the line usually means you were either a) a great planner or b) lucked out somehow), Mondays are the first complaint in the elevator, the reason for your mix-matched shoes, or the problem with the webinar you were hosting this morning. Hey, it’s Monday, I’m sorry. We’ve all heard that line before.

Monday looms as that structured next day, after a liberal weekend inclusive of all of the pleasures and perils of your choice, and it nearly always turns out terrible because of it.

Monday Monday, bah dah, bah dee dah dah, can’t trust that day.

When did Monday ever have a chance in the matter? I wonder if we decided that Monday was our favorite day of the week, would we cause an upheaval in human behavior and start an epidemic of happiness? What will we do during that two minute bathroom break, facing that same girl from the department that you see at the same time every day with nothing to talk about but how much Monday sucks?

I propose a few things:

1. Bake something. People love baked goods, and Mondays are the best days to bring cupcakes to the office.

2. Blame yourself. Not Monday. Hey, it’s me; I’m stupid, I’m sorry. See! It works, and trust me, people will understand!

3. If options 1 or 2 do not work, you’re pretty much screwed. Go back to hating Mondays and join the rest of the population in making the same stupid comments every Monday for the rest of your repetitive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://www.blogflux.com/